New Trust in Streaming
Using modern WiFi multicast / LTE broadcast distribution as a cost efficient alternative instead of SAT / Cable distribution.
- Immersive event experience at home (Multi-view / VR / highest 360 visual quality) in real-time
- IP anywhere in real-time
- Less distribution cost than SAT / cable by using 5G broadcast
- To mobile phone / tablet / TV / PC in real-time (WebRTC)
- Private LTE Broadcast / Public Multicast WiFi installations incl. event support by SML
- Using modern 4G/5G broadcast (eMBMS) / WiFi multicast distribution, service providers can lower costs while beating SAT / Cable distribution in terms of delay.
- Wireless TV services are now available for mass distribution w/o blocking frequency spectrum or needing to build up excessive network capacity.
- eMBMS (enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multimedia Service) is implemented on EVO following 3GPP TS 23.246 and allows mobile operators to broadcast a dynamic range of TV channels via 4G/5G base stations or WiFi multicast access points.
- Android 8+ phones have built-in support for eMBMS.
- New generation WebRTC streaming protocols with error-correction coding allow for the best quality across mobile and public internet infrastructures.
- Traditional HTTP/TCP streaming will not work across broadcast-distribution systems, because the weakest end user device would force all users to receive re-transmissions.
The EVO server can also be positioned in public data centers to provide server capacity for content delivery to potentially millions of users.
The new real-time streaming experience attracts additional revenue from “out-of-venue” users because of the additional TV (selling more pay-per-view tickets for “in-venue” immersive experience at home).